MEI ZEN COSMETIC ACUPUNCTURE
Maara is a certified Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture specialist trained under Dr. Martha Lucas. Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture is a safe, natural and effective method of reducing the signs of ageing. Based on Traditional Chinese Medicine, the Mei Zen protocol utilises ancient needling techniques to stimulate energy pathways throughout the face. This deeply relaxing treatment promotes the production of collagen and elastin in the face, helping to diminish and eliminate deep wrinkles and fine lines. Points are used to relax tight muscles, improve the tone of weak muscles, and restore an overall healthy complexion. Mei Zen is a holistic treatment that works to harmonise the internal function of the body in order to reduce stress, promote healing from within and overall wellbeing.
WHY CHOOSE MEI ZEN
Mei Zen Acupuncture is an excellent alternative to cosmetic surgery, chemical peels, and injections. It is a much safer alternative and virtually pain free with no side effects. Unlike surgery, there is no risk of disfigurement, trauma, swelling or discolouration.
A 1996 study published in the International Journal of Clinical Acupuncture highlighted that 90% of facial rejuvenation acupuncture cases had marked beneficial results with only one course of treatment. Published in the Journal of Aesthetic Surgery in 2005, Dr. Barrett commented that the effects of a facial rejuvenation acupuncture treatment can be expected to last up to five years with a marked improvement in elasticity of the facial muscles, a lessening of wrinkles, better complexion and an overall feeling of rejuvenation.
A standard course of treatment is 10 sessions. Treatments are performed twice weekly for five weeks. Some people may notice a difference after just the first treatment, but most should see results by the fourth or fifth treatment. Maintenance sessions may be recommended, the need varies from person to person.
• Promotes blood and lymph circulation
• Increases exfoliation and elimination of toxins
• Increases blood circulation, oxygenation, and hydration of the skin
• Stimulates the production of elastin and collagen proteins
• A more balanced dispersal of collagen throughout the face / neck
• Reduces and relaxes the tension in facial muscles
• Helps decrease and eliminate wrinkles and fine lines
• Helps lift sagging around eyes, cheeks, chin, and neck
• Reduces dark circles, puffy or droopy eyelids
• Improves skin texture and muscle tone
• Helps clear acne and rosacea
• Tightens pores and softens scars
• Clearing or reduction of age spots
• Helps digestive, urinary issues