Maara is a certified Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture specialist trained under Dr. Martha Lucas. Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture is a safe, natural and effective method of reducing the signs of ageing. Based on Traditional Chinese Medicine, the Mei Zen protocol utilises ancient needling techniques to stimulate energy pathways throughout the face. This deeply relaxing treatment promotes the production of collagen and elastin in the face, helping to diminish and eliminate deep wrinkles and fine lines. Points are used to relax tight muscles, improve the tone of weak muscles, and restore an overall healthy complexion. Mei Zen is a holistic treatment that works to harmonise the internal function of the body in order to reduce stress, promote healing from within and overall wellbeing.
WHY CHOOSE MEI ZEN
Mei Zen Facial Acupuncture is an excellent alternative to cosmetic surgery, chemical peels, and injections. It is a much safer and more natural alternative with no side effects. Unlike surgery, there is no risk of disfigurement, trauma, swelling or discolouration. Published in the Journal of Aesthetic Surgery in 2005 - Dr. Barrett commented that the effects of facial rejuvenation acupuncture treatment can be expected to last two to five years with a marked improvement in elasticity of the facial muscles, a lessening of wrinkles, better complexion and an overall feeling of rejuvenation.
A standard course of treatment is 10 sessions. Maintenance sessions may be recommended after the initial course of treatment is completed.
BEFORE / AFTER RESULTS
• Reduces and relaxes tension evident in the face
• Improvement in facial muscle tone and elasticity
• Helps decrease and eliminate wrinkles and fine lines
• Decreased puffiness
• Helps lift sagging around eyes, cheeks, jowls, chin and neck
• Reduces dark circles around eyes
• Stimulates production of collagen and elastin proteins
• Clearing and fading of age spots
• Promotes blood and lymph circulation
• Improvement of acne, rosacea and broken capillaries
• Increases oxygenation and hydration of the skin
• A more balanced dispersal of collagen throughout the face and neck
• Improves skin texture and tone
• Increases exfoliation and elimination of toxins
• Tightens pores and soften scars
• Improves anxiety and sleep
• Whole body rejuvenation, relaxation and balancing